If a package doesn’t suit you, then I can carry out ad hoc research for an hourly fee of £20. Minimum booking of 2 hours, discounts for OAPs available.
This research could consist of:
- Targeted online research.
- Resolution of queries (eg where was my grandmother born?).
- Obtaining copies of birth / death / marriage certificates (NB the GRO charges £9.25 for each certificate).
- Taking photographs of places significant to your family – for example streets your ancestors lived in, graves of your ancestors, churches your ancestors got married or were baptised.
- For photography work, travel to sites more than 5 miles away from my home base is charged at the normal hourly rate plus travel expenses at 45p per mile – we will agree the expected mileage in advance.
- Reviewing parish records.
- For parish record reviews that are more than 5 miles away from my home base, travel is charged at the normal hourly rate plus travel expenses at 45p per mile – we will agree the expected mileage in advance.
- Any other research that is relevant to your family history.
- I am happy to work for other researchers on a subcontract basis.
- I am also willing to offer one-on-one tutorials if you want to learn how to do this yourself.